Fire

Tragic

3:16:00 PM

For those of you that follow me on Facebook you have already heard the news about my daughters preschool. She attends the best, sweetest and most precious school. We have been there 2 years and will be there the next 4 years with my next 2 kiddos. Anyhow...2- 13 year old boys committed arson yesterday just before 3:20 a.m. The church was engulfed in flames (3 alarm fire) and the side of the church where our preschool is located was...well...see for yourself:


In front of this door is where we shared these memories:





Inside these walls is where we shared these laughs, hugs and smiles:






This picture makes me sick to my stomach. These are the doors our children enter and exit through everyday. Its a locked facility and they have THE best system for children coming and going. The wall that you see was covered with pictures of different dogs. Representing each class. The dogs have the names of our children on them. At the begging of the year...we took THIS picture in front of the wall:




But because of reasons unknown these memories were destroyed. Art work that our kids have been telling us about for weeks. Gone. Pictures that are on the walls of our children that we would get back at the end of the year. Gone. But we aren't just sad because of our school...we are sad because...


It is many of our friends place of worship. This is there place of peace, forgiveness, sadness and happiness. This is where they laugh, pray, cry and are there for one another. The one thing my daughter noticed "Mommy the cross is still there! That's my favorite cross". For behind this picture are these:




This is a sanctuary. A holy place. A special place. The pastor of this church is super incredibly sweet and truly cares about his community and his congregation.


Behind these walls, babies were rocked, children laughed and played. Ate lunch. Meetings were held, parties were thrown.

Through it all I keep hearing the verse from Isaiah 43:5 Fear not, for I am with you. We will RISE above the flames and stand stronger. This congregation will eventually find peace and will regain hope and happiness. Until then...would you mind praying for them? Pray for all of those involved. Especially the families of the 2 young boys. I can't imagine what their moms' are going through.

If you would like to help there will be an account set up for donations. I do not yet have that info but if you are interested in it, leave me a comment saying so and I will be sure to get it to you. The church I attend is holding a supply drive. A few of the kids will be standing out and holding donation jars as well! Here is the info:




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is such a devistating post. I am so sorry for your loss, however, you will always hold the memories you had in that lovely school/church near and dear to your heart. I will pray for peace, strength and even for those boys!

    Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues

    ReplyDelete